Top Rated Colorado Springs Trial Attorney
Steven Rodemer is the founder of The Law Offices of Steven Rodemer, in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Extending his practice throughout the state, he focuses his practice exclusively to criminal defense. A former prosecutor, he now defends clients, including those in the military charged in both misdemeanor and felony matters.
Mr. Rodemer grew up in Colorado Springs, and after graduating from Palmer High School, he earned a Bachelor of Science in Biology from Cornell College. Mr. Rodemer obtained his law degree from the California Western School of Law in San Diego. While attending law school, he gained valuable legal experience at the San Diego County District Attorney’s Office, as well as the 4th Judicial District Attorney’s Office.
After graduation, Mr. Rodemer returned to Colorado Springs and worked as a Deputy District Attorney at the Fourth Judicial District Attorney’s Office, where he prosecuted a wide variety of cases ranging from simple theft and drug possession to homicide and felony litigation. Furthermore, he earned a position in the vehicular homicide and assault team and later, went on to work for a private firm practicing personal injury law. After accumulating a broad foundation of experience in criminal defense and civil litigation at another firm, he began his own practice.
Top Criminal Defense Attorney Steven T. Rodemer
Over the course of his career as a criminal defense attorney, Mr. Rodemer has handled cases involving civil restraining orders, domestic violence, drug crimes, DUI/DWAI, expungement and sealing of records, juvenile crimes, traffic violations, vehicular assault, vehicular homicide and more. He has experience in both state and federal court as well as with Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) administrative proceedings.
He is also familiar with Colorado’s habitual offender statute.
Rated 10/10 on Avvo, Mr. Rodemer has been named one among the “Top 40 under 40” of attorneys in Colorado by The National Trial Lawyers and listed among the “Top 100 Attorneys” by the National Advocacy for DUI Defense.
Mr. Rodemer in has been named to SuperLawyers list by Thompson Reuters for 10 years, a truly coveted honor among attorneys. Mr. Rodemer’s cases have gained both national and international media attention, and he has appeared on several national and international news outlets. Since the firm’s inception, it has grown to become the largest criminal defense firm in Southern Colorado.
Mr. Rodemer is also actively involved in several professional organizations, including the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, the American Association for Justice and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- A complete wreck By Chet Hardin, Colorado Springs Independent – January 2013
- Attorney Steven Rodemer Selected as a “Top 100” DUI Attorney by the National Advocacy for DUI Defense – Newswire – February 2014
- Movers & Shakers: Steve Rodemer – The Gazette – September 2018
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Avvo Top 10 Ranking for Criminal Trial Lawyers
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys – 10 Best Law Firms
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys – 10 Best Under 40
- National Advocacy for DUI Defense – Nationally Ranked Superior
- Avvo DUI Client’s Choice
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40